Google
 

Saturday, February 02, 2008

New Natural Hair Care Book

I was recently interviewed by Erin Anthony, author of a new book called Nappturosity: How to Create Fabulous Natural Hair and Locs. Click here to hear an audio clip from the interview. The full audio as well as a transcript of the interview is available in the ebook, in Chapter 3: Plan, Prepare & Pamper. Nappturosity: How to Create Fabulous Natural Hair and Locs is available for sale now. Erin has done an extremely professional job on this book, the interviews, and I think it's really worth the investment. More details below...

New Book on Natural Hair Care Helps African-American Women Break "Chemical" Addictions
Tampa, FL , January 29, 2008 – Salon owner Erin Shell Anthony was tired of seeing African-American women struggle with chemically relaxing their hair because of a lack of experience with their natural hair texture. She decided to partner with celebrity stylists to write a new book on natural hair care – Nappturosity: How To Create Natural Hair and Locs, to be released on January 29, 2008.

"African-American women are seeking healthy alternatives and are finding that natural hair styles are truly the best for African hair. This book will help sistas (to gain the knowledge necessary) to return to their roots," says Valencia Jones, a stylist for Erykah Badu and George Clinton.

Nappturosity: How to Create Fabulous Natural Hair and Locs is a how-to book that explains managing, styling and caring for afro-textured or curly hair in simple language, and guides readers through the mental and physical transitions necessary to reach their goal of a healthy, manicured natural hair style. The book includes resources to ease the transition from chemical relaxers, including step-by-step instructions for care, product selection and styling, as well as interactive audio features that allow the reader to hear directly from the pros themselves.

"When I worked in Corporate America, so many women would approach me about how much difficulty they were having with wearing a professional natural hair style, and would invariably give up and go back to chemical relaxers, which can have a negative effect on the health of the hair," reflects Author Erin Shell Anthony, founder of adaru Natural Hair Salon in Indianapolis, IN. "It doesn't matter if you're in a corporate or informal setting, it's possible to wear your hair in a natural style! We have just begun to discover the freedom, beauty and versatility of wearing our afro-textured hair in its natural state," Anthony concludes.

"When I started locking my hair in 1999 there were no manuals or books to educate us on the challenges as well as the joys of going natural. When I read Nappturosity I was overjoyed that it spoke directly to all of the concerns I had," reflects Yetta Young, Executive Producer of "The Vagina Monologues" in Los Angeles.

A generous portion of the proceeds from this book will benefit the non-profit organization Room to Read. Nappturosity is available for purchase on January 29, 2008. For more information, visit www.naturalhairbook.com.

www.NaturallyYouMagazine.com
kcasper@NaturallyYouMagazine.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there!

I hope that this subject/question reaches the right blog section, forgive me if it doesn't, but I am extremely ecstatic about my hair; it's a nice little fro and I am LOVING IT. So much so, that I'm becoming a little fanatic about what I put in it. For daily maintenance, I use a glycerine and spring water solution to soften it up (one part glycerine to two parts water, and a dash of orange essential oil), and on those extra dry days I'll rub in a little (sometimes a lot!) of shea butter. I use olive oil too, but maybe only once a week and usually right after I wash my hair. After going by this routine, I notice a beautiful shine, no breakage and scarce to no shedding. So now I want to know how I can make a good homemade shampoo. And conditioner, for that matter. With all natural ingredients. I appreciate any and all suggestions you may have. Thanks fam!

pmspoet said...

there is a website that had great recipes

http://www.motowngirl.com